Summer is around the corner! Clever is full of former teachers—we know all about the dreaded summer slide, the tendency for students to lose some of the achievement gains they made during the previous school year.
We also know that budgets are tight and so is time. We wanted to offer some free resources that you can test out in your classroom and use to engage students and teachers over the summer!
These resources can be added to your Clever Portal through a customized link, or the add application feature in the district dashboard. We hope these offer additional support and training for teachers, and create opportunities for students to engage over the summer.
Resources for Students:
- Khan Academy: Free SAT Prep Classes
- Open eBooks: Thousands of free award-winning titles for students all within the Open eBooks app!
- iCivics: Meaningful civics learning
- Code.org: Free coding modules for all ages
Resources for teachers:
- Common Sense Media: Free teacher PD on a range of concepts, including Student Data Privacy
- Vocabulary.com: Easy-to-build vocabulary worksheets and games based off of texts
- EdSurge Product Reviews: A great place to learn about new applications
- Code.org: Not just for students! Learn to code to better engage in Hour of Code next school year!
We wish you an easy testing season, a smooth back to school, and hope your students continue learning over the summer!